Populair van Antelope Audio
Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Basic + Premium Upgrade FX pack & AFX2DAW Plugin
Premium FX pack
The Premium FX pack allows you to employ the full studio power of the Antelope Audio real-time FPGA FX. The collection features authentic models of iconic studio units from BAE, Gyraf Audio, LANG and Grove Hill. The Discrete 8 Premium FX pack allows you to use 8 channel strips with 4 FX instances each and up to 16 channel strips using the new AFX2DAW plug-in. The Premium FX library features 60+ Antelope Audio real-time FPGA FX, including Vintage EQs, Compressors, AuraVerb, Guitar Amps & Cabinet models.
Use them within the Discrete 4 EasyPanel or in a DAW via the new ConnectAFX Plugin
Plug in your guitar directly into one of the hi-Z enabled inputs and instantly sculpt your tone with some of the most iconic guitar amps and cabinets around. Then add vintage compression, EQ and AuraVerb to hear a finished studio quality result with real-time responsiveness while playing through your preferred amp, cabinet and microphone combination. Perform and record either with FX or your direct input and process later using the integrated guitar effects. The Discrete 8 ReAmp outputs will allow you to connect any of your effect pedals or outboard gear and record that sound back in your preferred DAW.
The Antelope AFX platform is a rapidly expanding hardware modeling engine. Discrete 4 includes preamp models, guitar amps, transformer and tube FX, and a huge selection of classic vintage gear, which will soon be accessible in any DAW via the upcoming AFX2DAW Plugin. The Antelope Audio real-time FPGA platform is now extended to a complete professional studio experience:
• Mic Preamps (NEW): Gyratec IX, VPA 76, BAE-1073MP, RD-47, BA-31
• Conversion: Reel to Reel (NEW)
• Guitar Amps: Bass SuperTube VR (NEW), Burnsphere (DE), Marcus II (US), Overange 120 (UK), Tweed Deluxe, Top30, Darkface, Modern, Plexi 59, Rock 75, Rock 22.10
• Guitar Cabinets: Darkface 65 2x12, Top30 2x12, Modern 4x12, Green 2x12, Vintage 4x12, Green 4x12, Caliper 50 1x10, Bluelux 1x12, Clst 1x12, England 4x12
• EQ Legends: VEQ-55b, VEQ-STU 089, VEQ-STU 169, VEQ-STU 900, VEQ HA32C, BAE 1023, BAE 1084, NEU-W492, NEU-W495, NEU-PEV, VEQ-4K Black, VEQ-4K Brown, VEQ-4K Pink, VEQ-4K Orange, BAE-1073, VEQ-HLF, VEQ-1A, VMEQ-5, VEQ-55A, Lang PEQ2, UK-69, ClearQ (coming soon)
• Vintage Compressors: FeedForward Antelope Compressor, FET-A76, VCA160, x903, Tube176, Gyraf Gyratec X, Grove Hill Liverpool, Stay Levin, ALT-436C, SMT-100A, FET-78A, BA-6A, Tubechild670, Impresser
• Reverb: AuraVerb
• Vintage Mic Emulations (available with the Antelope Audio Edge Modeling Microphone): Berlin 47 FT, Berlin 87, Berlin 67, Tokyo 800T, Berlin M103, Oxford 4038, Vienna 12, Berlin 57, Sacramento 121R, Vienna 414, Berlin 49T
• Vintage Mic Emulations (available with the Antelope Audio Verge Modeling Microphone): Berlin 184, Perth 55, Freiburg 6, Aalborg 4006, Hamburg 40
Bringing All-Star Technology & Performance to a new audience
Antelope Audio's Discrete 8 Microphone Preamp Interface brings a new level of sound quality and power to home studios and mobile recordists. It comes with 8 console grade 6-transistor discrete preamps, 121 db dynamic range conversion and rock solid clocking. Both the Discrete 4 and the Discrete 8 come with DC coupled analogue line outputs to be used at CV (control voltage) interfaces. Primarily for recording with and taking full advantage of analogue synths. Discrete 8 features all of the Antelope Audio premier real-time FPGA FX, including authentic models of iconic gear from BAE, Lang, Gyraf Audio and many more. The Antelope AFX platform is based on a rapidly expanding hardware modeling engine. Discrete 8 includes Accusonic microphone and preamp models, guitar amps, transformer and tube FX, and a huge selection of classic vintage gear, which are now accessible in the DAW via the new ConnectAFX Plugin. Discrete 8 is a 26in/32out interface featuring 8 analog ins, 8 analog outs on DB25, a pair of monitor outs, 2 Headphone outs and 2 ReAmps. Additional digital connectivity comes on S/PDIF, 2-ADAT's.
An Entire Signal Path of Customizable Sonic Excellence
Discrete 8 was developed after an extensive research of legendary microphone preamp circuitry. Its console-grade and fully discrete preamps were hand designed to offer world-class sound. The powerful Antelope Audio FPGA engine can transform these already expensive sounding Accusonic preamps into several classic units via Tube, Transformer and FET based circuitry and it's all happening real-time. Both the engineer and the performer can instantly hear the authentic blends of 10 different mic preamps without any latency or annoying comb filtering. The microphone source can be recorded with and without Accusonic modeling. This allows the engineer to choose between preamp models during mixing. The entire signal path was designed for optimal sound with any microphone and it really shines with Antelope's new Edge and Verge microphones. These new microphones were specially designed for the Discrete 8 preamps and feature matching discrete electronics.
The real-time FPGA platform offers a complete professional studio experience – Microphones, Preamps, Conversion, Compressors, EQs, Reverb and latency free Monitoring. All this backed up by Antelope's signature Clocking combined into one unified system with instantly recallable Presets. You can even load AFX Presets from VIP Masters with their favorite combinations of FPGA FX that are used daily on their own award-winning mixes.
A Breakthrough Discrete Microphone Preamp Design
Traditionally, interface preamps are comprised of only 2 transistors, which makes them a hybrid between transistors and IC chips. Antelope Audio incorporates a fully discrete design consisting of 6 accurately matched transistors, yet maintaining the advantages of digital control and repeatability of gain levels. Field effect transistors add an expensive-sounding touch of warmth and naturalness to the sound. Bipolar transistors keep THD and noise extremely low, which is quite uncommon in a discrete design. Antelope's console grade 6-transistor discrete preamp is exceptionally unique. The Discrete 8 mic preamps were the first step of the device design process. Unlike other units where mic preamps are added to the interface, the Discrete 8 preamps are actually what the device is centered around.
Clocking Is The Center Of The Antelope Universe
For 25 years, Igor Levin has led the world in pro audio clocking technologies. His proprietary clocking techniques and secret jitter management algorithms have been at the core of the Antelope sound in all of their products. The Discrete 8 is no exception. In fact, this mic preamp interface is a professional clocking solution in its own right. It features Antelope's 4th Generation 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) technology from the highly acclaimed Trinity, OCX HD, LiveClock, Pure2, Goliath, Orion, and Zen products. Discrete 8 comes with a Word Clock (WC) Input that can de-jitter and distribute an external clock signal. Three WC outputs allow you to distribute clock to your other digital gear and mic preamps in your setup connected via ADAT and S/PDIF. Discrete 8 will make sure all your gear is perfectly synced.
Expert Monitoring With Ease For Both Pros and Beginners
Discrete 8 has a comprehensive and easy to set up Monitoring and Talkback section. A band can have up to 4 individual monitoring mixes with FPGA FX included sent to Headphones or Monitor Outputs. The engineer can make custom headphone mixes for each performer. Effects can be included to allow artists to hear sound closer to what will be on the record. Users can create custom presets to easily setup various tracking scenarios in a snap. The front panel features a monitor volume knob and dedicated HP knobs for each output. The Talkback mic is also built into the front panel right above the Talkback button. Additionally, Talkback can be engaged via the assignable footswitch on the back, in the EasyPanel software or via the IOS/Android App. Metering is viewable on the front panel display, inside the EasyPanel and also via the remote App.
A Rapidly Growing Audio Interface Platform
Discrete 8 can save and load AFX presets and exchange settings with the entire Antelope line of FPGA equipped pro audio interfaces. This means that you can share your own FX settings with other Antelope users and load professionally programmed stacks of FX from the Pros. This makes Discrete 8 a great option for both new users and existing Antelope owners, who use a second rig for touring or travel. This helps users leave their current studio untouched when on the road or doing session work outside their own facility.
Remote Control via IOS and Android Phones or Tablets
Use the Discrete 8 downloadable remote App to adjust all microphone input levels, Talkback levels, as well as Monitoring and Headphone volumes remotely. Musicians can control their own headphone volume with their phones and the engineer can check input levels from the tracking room.
• Real-time 3D mic modeling via FPGA engine
• 60+ Premier real-time FX also accessible in DAW
• 8 Console-grade Class A mic pres with discrete transistor design
• DC Coupled analogue line outputs
• Precise and recallable stepped gain control
• Dedicated knobs for each mic pres
• 4th Generation 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking
• FPGA FX models including BAE, Grove Hill, Gyraf Audio classics
• NEW ConnectAFX Plugin for accessing the FPGA FX in your DAW
• 8 Analog ins on combo XLR (6 mic / line, 2 Hi-Z / mic / line)
• 8 Analog line outs on DB25
• Thunderbolt & USB connectivity
• A pair of monitor outs on TRS
• 2 Stereo headphone outs
• 2 Reamps
• 1 Word Clock input
• 3 Word Clock outputs
• Dual Footswitch
• Additional digital connectivity via S/PDIF and 2 ADAT's
• Talkback mic & button on front panel
• Up to 4 individual monitoring mixes with FPGA FX
• Create & share custom presets
• Remote control via Mac/PC/iOS/Android apps
Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Basic + Premium Upgrade FX pack & AFX2DAW Plugin
• 6 x Mic / Line Inputs
• 2 x Mic / Line / Hi-Z Inputs
• 1 x Monitor Out on TRS 1/4 Jacks, +20 dBu max
• 1 x ReAmp Out on TRS 1/4 Jacks
• 1 x Line Outs on DB25, +20 dBu max
• 2 x Stereo Headphone Outputs
• EIN: -128 dBu (A-weighted)
• Dynamic Range: -121 dB (A-weighted)
• THD: -106 dB
• Max input: +18 dBu
• Gain Range: 65 dB
D/A Monitor Converter:
• Dynamic Range: 124 dB
• THD + N: -101 dB
• Dynamic Range: 121 dB
• THD + N: -112 dB
D/A Converters(Line Out):
• Dynamic Range: 121dB
• THD + N: - 100dB
• 1 x ADAT (up to 16CH)
• 1 x S/PDIF
• 1 x ADAT (up to 16CH)
• 1 x S/PDIF
USB 2.0 I/O :
• USB 2.0 Type B connector
• Thunderbolt connector
Word Clock Input: 1 x Input @ 75 Ohms 3Vpp on BNC 32 – 192kHz
Word Clock Outputs: 3 x Outputs @ 75 Ohms 3Vpp on BNC 32 – 192kHz
• 4th Generation Acoustically Focused Clocking
• 64-bit DDS
• Sample Rates (kHz): 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192
Operating Temperature: 0-50°C, 32-122°F
Weight (Approx): 3.0 kg/ 6.61 lbs
• Width: 483 mm / 19"
• Height: 44 mm / 1.7"
• Depth: 220 mm / 8.6"
Power Consumption: 20 Watts