D’Addario NYXL guitar strings will bend farther, sing louder, and stay in tune better than any string you’ve played before. Envisioned, perfected, and manufactured by D’Addario in New York, this newly engineered, break-resistant, high-carbon steel core and plain steel alloy delivers a whole new level of freedom, confidence, and power.
NYXL’s provide more strength and 131% greater tuning stability by utilizing a completely reinvented wire drawing process coupled with a revolutionary “fusion twist” process for the plain steels. The reformulated nickel plated string windings have greater magnetic properties resulting in higher output and enhanced mid-range frequency response for more presence and crunch.
• NYXL's feature D’Addario’s exclusive New York manufactured, high carbon steel alloy for unprecedented strength – play fearlessly
• Improved tuning stability compared to traditional nickel wound strings - get in tune faster, stay in tune better
• Wound strings with enhanced mid-range frequency response in the 1 - 3.5 kHz range – more presence and crunch to cut through the mix
• Environmentally friendly, corrosion resistant packaging for strings that are always fresh
d'Addario NYXL Sets
• NYXL0942 are designed with super light gauges for maximum flexibility: Plain Steel .009, .011, .016, Nickel Wound .024, .032, .042
• NYXL1046 offers an ideal combination of comfortable playability and electric tone: Plain Steel .010, .013, .017, Nickel Wound .026, .036, .046
STAY IN TUNE BETTER
No string has ever offered this level of stability. Torture tests prove NYXLs stay in tune 131% better. So you don't waste time tuning, and can start playing sooner.
Put more power in your power chords. Strength tests prove that NYXLs are 20-40% stronger than anything you've ever played.
MORE PUNCH AND CRUNCH
The reformulated nickel-plated steel alloy boosts amplitude in the 1 kHz to 3.5 kHz range, modernizing overall tone, without ever losing that incredible nickel-plated steel feel you love.
At two whole steps higher, NYXL strings are still at less than 75% of their breaking point. In the same setting, standard strings are at 90% of their full capacity.