- Eindhoven XXL Only in store Try in store
- Rotterdam XXXL Only in store Try in store
- Amsterdam XL Not in stock Try in store
- The DJGear Shop - Amsterdam NEW Not in stock Try in store
- The Hague Not in stock Try in store
- Deventer Not in stock Try in store
- Groningen Not in stock Try in store
- Heerlen Not in stock Try in store
- Leeuwarden Not in stock Try in store
- Utrecht Not in stock Try in store
- Sint-Niklaas XXL Only in store Try in store
- Antwerp XXL In stock Try in store
- Brussels Only in store Try in store
- Antwerp Outlet Not in stock Try in store
- Bruges Not in stock Try in store
- Ghent Not in stock Try in store
- The DJGear Shop - Ghent Not in stock Try in store
- Hasselt Not in stock Try in store
- Herentals Not in stock Try in store
- Leuven Not in stock Try in store
- Liege Not in stock Try in store
- Mechelen Not in stock Try in store
- Ostend Not in stock Try in store
- Roeselare Not in stock Try in store
- Valenciennes Not in stock Try in store
Yamaha is a world leader and pioneer in nearfield studio monitor design and innovation and the new models build on this enviable reputation and experience. The new additions share the same design philosophy as the legendary NS-10M Studio Monitors and the subsequent highly-acclaimed MSP range. These in turn led to the creation of the award-winning HS range, which has won discerning fans in professional and home studios the world over.
So how do you develop the world's best selling nearfield monitor speaker range? Well if you are Yamaha you simply make it better and add an extra, on-trend speaker size option to the range (the 6.5” HS7). You have to look under the bonnet of these speakers to know what has changed, as they still maintain the traditional HS look complete with the unmistakable white driver cone.
Built to last with high-grade components, the powerful 2-way bi-amped HS5 (70w), HS7 (95w) and HS8 (120w) studio reference monitors are ideal for mixing and music production in stereo or 5.1, delivering an exceptionally smooth, flat and – most importantly – accurate response.
The new models feature an advanced Low Resonance bass-reflex enclosure built around a traditional three-way mitred joint technique. This technique, often associated with the most sophisticated architectural design, sees the corners of the speaker very firmly anchored, leading to dramatically improved durability and the elimination of any unwanted resonance that can colour the original sound.
Yamaha engineers have designed and produced new transducers for this latest range that deliver exceptionally clear, natural and detailed sound. The new transducers deploy Yamaha's advanced magnetic field design to more efficiently regulate the flow of magnetic response, contributing significantly to the purity of the sound.
Often, air vibrations caused by a vortex at either end of the speaker port can produce unwanted noise. In the new HS range Yamaha's proprietary technology reduces audible noise by up to 6dB; yet another example of the brilliant blend of design, technology and materials that will satisfy even the most demanding of music producers.
Speaker type: 2-way bi-amp powered studio monitor
Frequency Range: (-10dB) 38Hz - 30kHz
LF: 8" cone
HF: 1" dome
Output power: 120W (LF:75W, HF:45W)
I/O connectors: XLR3-31 type (balanced), PHONE (balanced)
Power consumption: 60W
Shape: Bass-reflex type
Cabinet material: MDF
W: 250mm (9.8")
H: 390mm (15.4")
D: 334mm (13.1")
Net weight: 10.2kg (22.5 lbs.)
Others: LEVEL control (+4dB/center click) , EQ: HIGH TRIM switch (+/- 2dB at HF) / ROOM CONTROL switch (0/-2/-4 dB under 500Hz)