- Eindhoven Not in stock Open today till 18:00
- Amsterdam Not in stock Open today till 22:00
- The DJGear Shop - Amsterdam NEW Not in stock Open today till 22:00
- The Hague Not in stock Open today till 18:00
- Groningen Not in stock Open today till 18:00
- Heerlen Not in stock Open today till 18:00
- Leeuwarden Not in stock Open today till 18:00
- Rotterdam XXL Not in stock Closed
- Utrecht Not in stock Open today till 18:00
- Antwerp XXL Only in store Closed
- Sint-Niklaas XXL Not in stock Closed
- Bruges Not in stock Closed
- Brussels Not in stock Closed
- Ghent Not in stock Closed
- Hasselt Not in stock Closed
- Herentals Not in stock Closed
- Leuven Not in stock Closed
- Liege Not in stock Closed
- Mechelen Not in stock Closed
- Roeselare Not in stock Closed
- Valenciennes Not in stock Open today from 14:00
Yamaha is a world leader and pioneer in nearfield studio monitor design and innovation and the new models build on this enviable reputation and experience. The new additions share the same design philosophy as the legendary NS-10M Studio Monitors and the subsequent highly-acclaimed MSP range. These in turn led to the creation of the award-winning HS range, which has won discerning fans in professional and home studios the world over.
So how do you develop the world's best selling nearfield monitor speaker range? Well if you are Yamaha you simply make it better and add an extra, on-trend speaker size option to the range (the 6.5” HS7). You have to look under the bonnet of these speakers to know what has changed, as they still maintain the traditional HS look complete with the unmistakable white driver cone.
Built to last with high-grade components, the powerful 2-way bi-amped HS5 (70w), HS7 (95w) and HS8 (120w) studio reference monitors are ideal for mixing and music production in stereo or 5.1, delivering an exceptionally smooth, flat and – most importantly – accurate response.
The new models feature an advanced Low Resonance bass-reflex enclosure built around a traditional three-way mitred joint technique. This technique, often associated with the most sophisticated architectural design, sees the corners of the speaker very firmly anchored, leading to dramatically improved durability and the elimination of any unwanted resonance that can colour the original sound.
Yamaha engineers have designed and produced new transducers for this latest range that deliver exceptionally clear, natural and detailed sound. The new transducers deploy Yamaha's advanced magnetic field design to more efficiently regulate the flow of magnetic response, contributing significantly to the purity of the sound.
Often, air vibrations caused by a vortex at either end of the speaker port can produce unwanted noise. In the new HS range Yamaha's proprietary technology reduces audible noise by up to 6dB; yet another example of the brilliant blend of design, technology and materials that will satisfy even the most demanding of music producers.
Speaker type: 2-way bi-amp powered studio monitor
Frequency Range (-10dB): 54Hz - 30kHz
LF: 5" cone
HF: 1" dome
Output power: 70W (LF:45W, HF:25W)
I/O connectors: XLR3-31 type (balanced), PHONE (balanced)
Power consumption: 45W
Shape: Bass-reflex type
Cabinet material: MDF
W: 170mm (6.7")
H: 285mm (11.2")
D: 222mm (8.7")
Net weight: 5.3kg (11.7 lbs.)
Others: LEVEL control (+4dB/center click) , EQ: HIGH TRIM switch (+/- 2dB at HF) / ROOM CONTROL switch (0/-2/-4 dB under 500Hz)