Item number: 224255
- Rotterdam XXL On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Amsterdam On request Open today from 10:00
- The Hague On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Eindhoven On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Groningen On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Heerlen On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Leeuwarden On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Utrecht On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Sint-Niklaas XXL On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Antwerp On request Open today from 10:00
- Bruges On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Brussels On request Open today from 10:00
- Ghent On request Open today from 10:00
- Herentals On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Leuven On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Liege On request Open today from 14:00
- Mechelen On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Roeselare On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Valenciennes On request Open today from 15:00
Yamaha AMB2218 Solid Black
To address this, we first developed a unique shell formula that responds accurately to differences in the way the drum is played. Then we focused on eliminating as many of the tone-inhibiting elements in the shell as possible. At this stage in development, the shells went through a critical evaluation process of over three years with our great artists and professional recording engineers. They also underwent detailed acoustic analysis by a special team of acoustic engineers. This advanced level of research and development, a trait we at Yamaha are proud of, led to three significant features that are being introduced with the new Absolute Hybrid Series.
Hybrid Maple Shell
The new Absolute Hybrid Series inherits the hybrid shell technology found on our flagship PHX Series. On Absolute Hybrid shells, the design consists of a core ply of wenge a very hard and heavy wood native to Africa, sandwiched between plies of maple, well known for its clear tone. This hybrid design delivers a drum tone that plays rich and clear across the full dynamic range, from pianissimo to fortissimo.
Hook lugs offer quick and easy head replacement, precision tuning, and can readily handle high-tension tuning. Lug bases are designed with a small footprint to maximise tone output from the hybrid shell.
An evolutionary step up from our YESS II tom mount, the YESS III reduces acoustic dampening even further. Allowing the shell to vibrate more freely, the YESS III mount brings out more of the shell’s natural sustain and volume.
Low-Mass Tom Holder Base
The tom holder’s light weight and small footprint allows the bass drum shell to vibrate more freely.
Optimized Bearing Edge
The bearing edge angle on the bass drum differs from the angle used on the tom and snare shells to optimise tonal balance in the drum set. A 45º/R1.5 edge is used on the snare and toms to a balanced tone; while a 30º/ R1.5 edge on the bass drum shell brings out more low-end tone for a deeper, more powerful sound.
The vent hole plays an important role in performance, since it affects not only the sensation of hitting the drum (the impact) but also the initial sound, sustain and tone.
Through an exhaustive series of prototypes, YAMAHA has discovered the optimal number and vent hole position depending on the air capacity of each shell. Particularly, vent holes contribute to the enhancement of tone colours in midrange to low-frequency sounds, as well as the control of sustain.
Vintage finish interior
Shell interiors are coated with our exclusive "Vintage Natural" finish for enhanced tone and refined looks.
3.0mm Aluminium Die-Cast Hoops
Aluminium die-cast hoops deliver a strong tight sound with an extraordinary attack and decay.
Yamaha AMB2218 Solid Black
Type: Hook Lug
Thickness: 8.0mm(BD), 6.2mm(TT, FT)
Material: Maple-Wenge-Maple Hybrid
Top: Clear Emperor
Bottom: Clear Ambassador
Front: Smooth White PS3 with YAMAHA Logo
Batter: PS3 Clear (only 18"BD: Coated Ambassador)