Item number: 279004
- Rotterdam XXL On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Amsterdam On request Closed
- The Hague On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Eindhoven On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Groningen On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Heerlen On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Leeuwarden On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Utrecht On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Sint-Niklaas XXL On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Antwerp XXL On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Bruges On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Brussels On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Ghent On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Herentals On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Leuven On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Liege On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Mechelen On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Roeselare On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Valenciennes On request Open tomorrow from 10:00
The SSL sonic legacy is built upon a much-emulated collection of analogue audio processing tools that have featured in generations of studio consoles; pristine mic pre's, classic Channel EQ & Dynamics, the legendary Stereo Bus Compressor, the Listen Mic Compressor, and the unique SSL summing bus. Fusion takes SSL into a new era with the introduction of a suite of new analogue processing tools that offer exceptional tonal character and versatility. Fusion expands the processing palette for hybrid studio owners and is a superb partner for the SSL Stereo Bus Compressor.
Fusion features five analogue processors that can be used discretely or combined:
• Vintage Drive
• The Violet EQ
• HF Compressor
• Stereo Image
Vintage Drive - is a unique non-linear harmonic enhancement circuit that brings cohesion and strength to your mix. Drive and Density controls interact to produce harmonic saturation and soft compression derived from overloading an analogue circuit. It can be used lightly for subtle thickening saturation or driven hard for more extreme distortion.
The Violet EQ
The SSL Violet EQ - an all-new minimum phase-shift, two-band shelving EQ. The first new SSL analogue EQ circuit for more than 25 years draws on the SSL legacy of carefully selected frequencies and response curves to create a musical and intuitive EQ designed to quickly dial in low-end weight and high-end sheen. High and Low frequency circuits each offer four switched frequency points and +/-9dB attenuation.
A new High Frequency Compressor delivers the distinctive sound of high frequency rounding in the analogue domain. A compressor that effects high frequencies only, optimised for smooth and transparent harshness reduction and a tape-like high-frequency roll off – great for taming brittle high frequency fizz.
A new Stereo Image enhancer provides a true analogue Mid-Side circuit that manipulates the Side signal, allowing for widening and spatial manipulation of the stereo field.
A switched, custom-designed SSL Transformer circuit introduces subtle low-frequency saturation, alongside a high-frequency phase-shift. The result is a simultaneous thickening of the low-end and an added sparkle to the high-end.
Expertly designed for today's hybrid studio
SSL has also always been known for clever connectivity and features that streamline and accelerate production workflow. Fusion fits right in with a collection of workflow enhancing features including: +/-12dB Input and Output Trim controls, an Input overload LED, large peak-hold metering, a front-end 3rd order High Pass Filter with three selectable cut off frequencies, and tri-colour status indicators for the Vintage Drive and HF Comp sections. A set of XLR connections can be used either as a Stereo Insert for stereo mix bus processing or switched to function as a Mid-Side (MS) circuit enabling separate compressors or EQ to be applied to the middle (centre) and sides of a stereo signal. In Stereo Insert mode the insert point can be switched to pre-Violet EQ, when in MS mode the insert can be switched to pre-Stereo Image controls. Input and Output connections are via XLR.