Item number: 141662
- Rotterdam XXL On request Open today from 10:00
- Amsterdam On request Closed
- The Hague On request Open today from 10:00
- Eindhoven On request Open today from 10:00
- Groningen On request Open today from 10:00
- Heerlen On request Open today from 10:00
- Leeuwarden On request Open today from 10:00
- Utrecht On request Open today from 10:00
- Sint-Niklaas XXL On request Open today from 10:00
- Antwerp On request Open today from 10:00
- Bruges On request Open today from 10:00
- Brussels On request Open today from 10:00
- Ghent On request Open today from 10:00
- Herentals On request Open today from 10:00
- Leuven On request Open today from 10:00
- Liege On request Open today from 10:00
- Mechelen On request Open today from 10:00
- Roeselare On request Open today from 10:00
- Valenciennes On request Open today from 10:00
The wide frequency range (10Hz - 4000Hz) and resonance range (flat to self-oscillating) and built-in overdrive of the Wahoo filters mean almost any wah pedal or filter sound is available. From low-Q, dark rock sounds to clean country twang to bubbly resonant bass envelope filters. But why stop there? The Wahoo lets you go beyond the standard sounds and create entirely new sonic signatures. Craft your perfect vowel-based vocal wah, or explore the unique Sonuus pitch-wah where the wah actually follows the bends of your notes. The Wahoo has the capability and ease-of-use that lets you explore your own ideas quickly.
Engineered for longevity, Sonuus' unique custom-designed, patent-pending pedal sensor delivers the smoothest possible sonic response and superb reliability. Unlike other wah pedals, the Sonuus sensor is based on technology used in the toughest of industrial environments, it's unaffected by dirt and grease and is guaranteed never to wear out. Combined with the Wahoo's robust cast-aluminium case and modern electronic design you can be assured of years of trouble-free operation.
Warm Organic Tone
By using an analogue filter topology based on vintage synthesizer filters, the Wahoo™ generates a warm tone with an organic feel. Something that’s not possible using digital effects. A drive control lets you gently overdrive the filters to increase the warmth or crank it up to get fuzz-wah tones.
Packed with innovations, the Wahoo lets you invent new sounds.
The filters have a wide frequency range of 10 Hz – 4 kHz, and wide resonance range from flat to self-oscillation. Moreover, resonance is not fixed, but can be varied dynamically so it can track the cutoff frequency to further expand your creative possibilities. Combining this with drive, response curves and variable envelope filter attack/decay allows you to replicate the sonic character of many vintage and modern wah/filter pedals.
It’s simple to tweak settings on the carefully designed control panel. Once you have created what you want, you can save it to one of 100 internal presets.
As well as being ideal at home or in the studio, Wahoo™ has special features that make it perfect on stage. The sturdy, lightweight aluminium chassis, paired with modern robust electronic design ensures that the Wahoo™ will stand up to the demands of the toughest gigs. The large bright display is readable outdoors but can also be dimmed when required in low-light environments.
A lock switch ensures that settings cannot be changed accidentally in the heat of a performance, but still allows you to select which preset to use. Foot-operated selection of presets lets you access what you need with minimum hassle.
Powered by 9VDC, 4xAA batteries or USB, and with modern-yet-retro styling, you can be sure Wahoo™ will fit into your rig.
Unique patent-pending pedal sensor
Most wah pedals operate using a potentiometer (a pot) which wears out quickly resulting in the effect becoming scratchy. These also have mechanical couplings which limit fine control and let dirt inside the unit, so compromising reliability.
Some other wah pedals use optical methods which are susceptible to dirt, and these also have mechanical couplings.
For the Wahoo, we designed a brand new type of position sensor that allows super-fine precision control with no mechanical couplings. As a result, the pedal control on the Wahoo won’t get scratchy and will never wear out!
True-bypass means that the effect is completely switched out of your signal chain when bypassed to preserve the integrity of your guitar/bass signal. This is typically done by mechanical switches but these cause clicks or pops when switching.
For the Wahoo, we designed a silent-switching true-bypass circuit so you get the benefits of true-bypass without the associated switching noise. What’s more: if the power to Wahoo is interrupted, the unit will automatically switch back to the bypassed state so you don’t lose your signal.
A USB connection lets you connect Wahoo to a computer where the Desktop Editor Software allows visual preset editing and manipulation. Presets can also be save to, and loaded from, files for exchange with other Wahoo users.
USB-MIDI can be used to sync internal LFOs and to automate the filter parameters. The expression pedal also sends MIDI controller messages to drive software instruments and effects.
Future-Proof (Upgradeable Firmware)
To support new features and to make it futureproof, the firmware (internal software) of the Wahoo™ can be upgraded. This means you can invest with confidence in the Wahoo.
• Fully analogue signal path
• Transparent true bypass
• 100 factory presets
• 100 user presets
• Wah pedal
• Vocal wah
• Bass envelope filter
• LFO (auto) wah
• Stepped filter
• Pitch-tracking filter modes
• Size: 171mm x 192mm x 73mm
• Weight: 1.3kg (without batteries)
• Power supply: 9V DC, 4x AA batteries, USB (500mA max)
• Battery Life: Typically > 10 hours (NiMH rechargeables, 2000mA.hr)
• Input (Instrument): 6.35mm (1/4") mono jack | 900 kOhm impedance
• Switching: Transparent-True-Bypass
• Mixer: Filter drive, filter1/2 mix, wet/dry, output level
• Computer: Standard Type B USB socket
• Drivers: Class-compliant (built into operation system)
• Presets: 100 factory, 100 user
• Num Filters: 2
• Cutoff Range: 10Hz - 4000Hz
• Resonance (Q): 0 (subtle) to 100 (self-oscillating)
• Filter Type: Band-pass, low-pass (24dB/octave)
• Filter Modes: Pedal, LFO, envelope, pitch-bend, pitch-track
• LFO Types: Sine, square, triangle, saw-up, saw-down, trapezoid, random
• Computer (Audio/MIDI): Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and above, Apple OSX 10.3.9 and above
• Computer (Desktop Editor): Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and above, Apple OSX 10.5 and above