Item number: 229531
This item is not available from stock, but may be available with our supplier. In most cases, the item can still be delivered quickly. Please contact our customer service for the best price and delivery time.
- Sint-Niklaas XXL On request Open today till 18:00
- Antwerp On request Open today till 18:00
- Bruges On request Open today till 18:00
- Brussels On request Open today till 18:00
- Ghent On request Open today till 18:00
- Herentals On request Open today till 18:00
- Leuven On request Open today till 18:00
- Liege On request Open today till 18:00
- Mechelen On request Open today till 18:00
- Roeselare On request Open today till 18:00
- Valenciennes On request Open today till 19:00
Roland MX-1 AIRA Mix Performer
Mix it up
With six analog inputs, four AIRA Link USB ports, digital I/O, send and return jacks, and the ability to stream 18 channels to and from your DAW, the MX-1 brings together a wide range of musical sources and puts them directly under your fingertips. But this is no ordinary mixer. The smooth, solid faders each have six different volume curves available. Every channel has an adjustable Tone/Filter knob with ten types of filters, EQs, and isolators. Mutes are placed for quick access, working with the LED-lit faders to clearly show their status, even in dark environments. The DJ-style headphone cue monitoring lets you smoothly mix in any source whenever you’re ready, or drop in tracks right on the beat. Separate headphone and master volume knobs along with smooth and bright metering keep levels firmly in check. And everything, including all the FX configurations and settings, can be saved and recalled for instant access.
Dramatic. Rhythmic. Get the desired effect.
There’s no question that effects play a huge role in creating a unique vibe and defining your sound. And the MX-1 integrates effects in exciting new ways. Not only do the MX-1’s effects sound great, they’re designed for ready manipulation and rhythmic sensibility, thanks to the MX-1’s tempo awareness and the TR-style step interface. In addition to an aux send for feeding external effects, each channel has its own Beat FX including Filter, Side Chain, and Slicer. These are applied using sixteen TR-style step sequencer buttons like those found on famous Roland drum machines. This lets you independently filter, duck, and slice each channel, creating cool rhythmic variations, polyrhythms, and all manner of intricate grooves. Beat FX can be instantly switched on and off per channel with dedicated, illuminated buttons. Six kinds of Master FX, each with lots of variations, add spice and drama to any or all channels. And the large control knob gives them supreme playability. The Master FX can even be step-sequenced in various combinations, creating stunning movement and glitchy interludes that must be heard to be fully appreciated.
Loves computers. But enjoys its alone time
Computers already play a big role in production, and they increasingly play a role in performance. But they don’t always integrate so well with other live instruments, and require their own audio interface and controller. The MX-1 addresses these problems through its ability to operate in any one of three different modes. In Control Surface mode, the MX-1 can sync to your computer and act as a high-quality MIDI controller for your DAW. Cool. But it gets way more interesting… In Mixer mode, the MX-1 can mix all connected sources, including analog and digital inputs, AIRA gear, and your computer’s output. While there’s a dedicated channel for a stereo output from your computer, you can also send computer audio to USB channels 1 thru 4 if no device is connected to the AIRA Link USB ports. Very cool. In External mode, the MX-1 can send all its inputs directly to your DAW, acting as a high-quality audio interface. At the same time, it can mix 18 channels back from your DAW, putting them on the MX-1’s faders. This lets you utilize the recording, clip triggering, effects, and mixing functions of your DAW along with the MX-1’s cue monitoring, sync, and performance-optimized mixing and effects capabilities. It’s mind-bending stuff. Just take a moment to imagine the possibilities.While the MX-1 obviously makes working with a computer way more fun, it’s just as happy on its own. So whether it’s full hands-on control of your DAW or completely out-of-the-box production and performance, the MX-1 is right at home.
Get connected. Link in and sync up
The MX-1 is so much fun to play that you’re bound to want to plug all kinds of things into it. Four individual 1/4-inch jacks support just about any kind of instrument, and the stereo 1/8-inch jack is perfect for smartphones, tablets, and various gadgets. There are also four AIRA Link USB ports that make connecting your AIRA gear literally plug and play. With fully automatic detection, AIRA Link USB ports transmit audio, MIDI, and sync over a single USB cable. One of the ports can even provide bus power for a compatible AIRA device like the TB-3 Touch Bassline or VT-3 Voice Transformer. AIRA Link reduces cable clutter and makes setup fast and simple. The MX-1 is also fully time aware and gives you hands-on control of start, stop, tempo, and timing. Sync an array of musical devices over MIDI or AIRA Link. Control everything with the brightly lit TR-style start/stop button and large tempo knob with fine adjustment, shuffle control, and tap function.
The mixer. Reimagined as an instrument
While the MX-1 is sturdily built, highly flexible, and extremely capable, all this mixing and effect control would be nothing if it were confusing or cumbersome to use. But the way mixing and effects are so cleverly and thoughtfully implemented in the MX-1, everything is fast, immediate, and intuitive. Most of all, it’s musical, and designed to be played. Like all AIRA gear, there are no confusing menus or layered functions to slow you down.
Roland MX-1 AIRA Mix Performer
• Tempo: 40-300
• Scene Memory: 16 x 4 (Bank A, B)
• BEAT FX
- FILTER: 5 types
- SIDE CHAIN: 5 types
- SLICER: 5 types
• MASTER FX
- DELAY: 8 types
- FILTER: 8 types
- SCATTER: 8 types
- FLANGER: 8 types
- BIT CRUSH: 8 types
- ROLL: 8 types
• MASTERING: 10 types
• Number of USB Audio Max Input/Output Channels
- Sampling frequency: 96 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
- Input: 18 channels
- Output: 18 channels
• Signal Processing
- PC interface: 24 bits
- AD/DA conversion: 24 bits
• Sampling Frequency
- AD/DA conversion: 96, 48, 44.1 kHz
- DIGITAL (IN, OUT): 96, 48, 44.1 kHz
• Nominal Input Level (variable)
- Input 1–4: -26– +4 dBu
- Input 5/6: -26– +4 dBu
• Nominal Output Level: MIX OUT: +4 dBu
• Head Room: 18 dB
• Input Impedance
- Input 1–4: 100 k ohms
- Input 5/6: 100 k ohms
• Output Impedance
- MIX OUT: 1 k ohm
- PHONES: 24 ohms
• Frequency Response
- 96.0 kHz: 20 Hz–40 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
- 48.0 kHz: 20 Hz–22 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
- 44.1 kHz: 20 Hz–20 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
• Dynamic Range
- AD block INPUT 1–4: 100 dB typ.
- AD block INPUT 5/6: 100 dB typ.
- DA block MIX OUT: 108 dB typ.
- PHONES jack: 1/4-inch stereo phone type
- MIX OUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type (unbalance)
- INPUT 1–4 (L/MONO, R/MONO) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type (unbalance)
- INPUT 5/6 jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- AUX RETURN (L, R) jacks: RCA phono type
- AUX SEND (L, R) jacks: RCA phono type
- USB FUNCTION Port: USB type B (Audio, Midi)
- USB HOST 1–4 ports: USB type A (Audio, Midi, for only TB-3/VT-3/TR-8/SYSTEM-1)
- USB HOST 3 port can supply USB Bus power
- COAXIAL IN/OUT jack
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- DC IN jack
- Hi-Speed USB
- Digital input, output: Coaxial type (conforms to IEC60958)
- MIDI IN/OUT
• Power Supply: AC adaptor
• Current Draw: 1.7 A
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- AC adaptor
- Ableton Live Lite Serial Number Card
SIZE AND WEIGHT
• Width: 400 mm, 15-3/4 inches
• Depth: 264 mm, 10-7/16 inches
• Height: 65 mm, 2-9/16 inches
• Weight: 1.81 kg, 3 lbs. 16 oz.
* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms