- Amsterdam XL In stock Try in store
- Den Bosch NEW Not in stock Try in store
- The Hague XXL Not in stock Try in store
- The DJGear Shop - Den Haag NEW Not in stock Try in store
- Deventer Not in stock Try in store
- Eindhoven XXL Not in stock Try in store
- Rotterdam XXXL Not in stock Try in store
- Utrecht Not in stock Try in store
- Valenciennes Not in stock Try in store
- Antwerp XXL Not in stock Try in store
- Brussels Not in stock Try in store
- Ghent Not in stock Try in store
- Hasselt Not in stock Try in store
- Herentals Not in stock Try in store
- Mechelen Not in stock
- Roeselare Not in stock Try in store
- Distribution Centre Not in stock
Using the X-Amp is easy: start by recording a dry track using a high quality direct box like the Radial J48. Send the new track from your recorder via the X-Amp to your guitar amps, effect pedals or combinations thereof. Once the basic track has been recorded, replacing or adding tracks can be done well after the session player has gone home. This eliminates tiresome repetition and assures a fresh vibrant performance on the final recording. Furthermore, by driving two amps at the same time, new sounds and textures can be created while allowing you to make artistic decisions as the recording progresses.
Following the critically acclaimed Radial JD7 Injector, the X-Amp employs a unique class-A circuit design that has been optimized for use with guitars. Features include balanced line level input with LED peak indicator and level control, class-A circuit topology for optimal reach and frequency response, a transformer isolated output to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops, a 180º polarity reverse switch to bring both amps into phase, and a dual ground lift switch for noise-free operation.
As with all Radial products, the X-Amp is built like a tank to provide years of trouble-free performance. An internal I-beam skeleton provides maximum protection against external stress which could cause solder points to fail. This is supplemented with an innovative bookend design that creates a protective zone around the switches, potentiometer and connectors. A full bottom no-slip pad performs double duty by keeping the X-Amp from sliding around when placed on a vibrating amplifier while also providing electrical and mechanical isolation. Reamping works equally well on bass, keyboards, drums and voice. Once you start Reamping, you will never record any other way.
The Radial X-Amp… the active Reamp® for professional recording engineers.
• SPECIFICATIONS: Audio circuit type: 100% discrete class-A
• Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 15kHz (± 1.0dB): Signal to noise ratio: 88dB below instrument level (-20dBu)
• Dynamic range: 119dB: Noise floor: OUT-1 -110dB; OUT-2 -108dBu
• Maximum input: +22dBu: Total harmonic distortion: 0.02% @ -15dBu
• Inter-modulation distortion: 0.02% @ -20dBu: Input impedance: 600?
• XLR input: Balanced line-level, AES standard (pin-2 hot): Ground lift (input): Disconnects pin-1 at the XLR input
• Output level: Adjustable: Output type: High-Z instrument-level, Out-1 direct, Out-2 transformer isolated
• Polarity: 180º polarity reverse on Out-2: Power: +15VDC/400mA adapter included
• Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell, powder-coat finish: Size: 3.3” x 5.0” x 2” (84 x 127 x 48mm)
• Weight: 1.55lb (720g):