- Apeldoorn Only in store Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Rotterdam XXL Not in stock Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Amsterdam Not in stock Open tomorrow from 10:00
- The Hague Not in stock Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Eindhoven Not in stock Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Groningen Not in stock Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Leeuwarden Not in stock Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Utrecht Not in stock Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Sint-Niklaas XXL Not in stock Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Antwerp Not in stock Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Bruges Not in stock Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Brussels Not in stock Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Ghent Not in stock Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Herentals Not in stock Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Leuven Not in stock Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Liege Not in stock Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Mechelen Not in stock Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Roeselare Not in stock Open tomorrow from 10:00
- Valenciennes Not in stock Open tomorrow from 10:00
** Not valid in combination with other offers and promotions. Discounts, coupon codes and other promotions do not apply to B-Stock products.
Neumann KH80 DSP
The art of neutral studio sound – now digitally remastered
We have calculated every soundwave. We have perfected low-distortion materials. We have optimized the drivers with our years of experience and hand-selected every component. The system's perfection comes from its digital heart: In only 2 milliseconds, our DSP engine converts every sound to a reference quality in every environment – so no detail gets lost on the way.
The perfect sound of mathematics at work
We know every nuance, every surface and every angle of the KH 80 DSP. It sounds so pure, because we are directing every soundwave so precisely. The KH 80 DSP’s design is based on computer simulations that calculate with an accuracy that others do not match.
Our Mathematical Modeled Dispersion Waveguide (MMD™) provides our studio series with a solid base for precise sound direction that stays absolutely unique. Doing your sums properly has never sounded so good.
The biggest variable is your room. We have the solution.
It might be a project studio, an outside broadcast van, or just a corner of a building: The room defines the sound. Surfaces and corners in the room cause interference, diffraction, reflection, and refraction: all are forms of distortion. For a really true sound, you normally need expensive equipment plus plenty of time and expertise to align it correctly – or smart algorithms. Our DSP engine optimizes the sound output, delivering quality way above price-tag. And you do not need to be an expert use it. The KH 80 DSP is ready for our upcoming software Neumann.Control – which will be available for tablets and computers starting from mid-2017, allowing you to align and control the monitor with a swipe of your finger or click of a mouse.
Professional standards for everyone
Highest quality components, high-end protection systems and performance reserves are what you would expect from this studio class product. Its quality and design makes the KH 80 DSP a flexible near-field studio monitor, which delivers professional-quality sound wherever you need it. It can be used in studios, editing rooms or outside broadcast trucks. Some of our customers like it so much, they use KH 80 DSPs in their living rooms. And why not? Our latest monitor delivers digital precision for a masterpiece of analog technology: your ears.
Neumann KH80 DSP
• 4” + 1” drivers powered by high efficiency 120 and 70 W amplifiers
• Computer modeled and optimized drivers and MMD™ waveguide
• 57 Hz (-3 dB) bass extension and 108.8 dB SPL at 1 m
• DSP engine with standard IP networking and Neumann Control software
• -6 dB free field frequency response: 53 Hz … 22 kHz, ± 6 dB
• -3 dB free field frequency response: 57 Hz … 21 kHz, ± 3 dB
• Pass band free field frequency response: 59 Hz … 20 kHz, ± 2 dB
• Max. SPL in full space / calc. in half space at 3% at 3% THD at 1m (averaged between 100 Hz and 6 kHz): 102.8 / 108.8 dB SPL
• Self-generated noise (with input gain set to 100 dB for 0 dBu): <20 dB(A) at 10 cm
• Input: XLR, analog electronically balanced
• Controller design: Digital, active
• Crossover frequency, slopes: 1.8 kHz, 48 dB/oct, 8th order
• Bass amplifier, cont.(peak) output power*: 150 W (130 W)
• Treble amplifier, cont.(peak) output power*: 55 W (70 W)
• Mains Power Supply, voltage; frequency: 100-240 V~; 50/60 Hz, with standby
• Drivers: 100 mm (4"), 25 mm (1"), with integrated black metal grilles
• Mounting points: 2 x M6 threaded inserts with 70 mm spacing on back panel
• Product dimensions (height x width x depth), mm (inches): 233 x 154 x 194 mm (9 1/8" x 6" x 8 5/8")
• Product weight: 3.5 kg (7 lbs 8 oz)