Item number: 280057
Populair from Modal Electronics
Modal Electronics 002
Modal Electronics 002
• 002 provides twelve discrete voices of polyphony with full multi-timbrality if desired
• Two oscillators per voice with two sub oscillators, which can be switched from being either traditional square wave to having the same waveform as the main oscillator – in effect making four oscillators per voice
• Analogue / digital hybrid architecture uses NCOs for very high resolution, and very stable oscillators. Over 50 different waveforms, ranging from classic analogue sounds to more unique digital shapes
• Modal Electronics designed 24dB per octave four pole transistor ladder filter, with some very unusual morphing characteristics or ‘polesweeping’, enabling transition from four pole through bandpass to one pole 6db per octave, or anywhere in between
• Two LFO’s, one per voice and one global, both with midi sync
• VCF and VCA envelope generators
• Extensive modulation options, all accessed directly from the front panel – no menu options!
• 002 features a range of sequencing options – a built in 12 Track, 12 row, 32 step sequencer with 16 dedicated step editing knobs/switches on the front panel and MIDI sync capabilities. Sequences can also be transposed dynamically while running
• A very highly featured arpeggiator with a wide range of different modes, including ‘hold’ mode, enabling arpeggiator-based sequences to be created
• The Modal Animator, a polyphonic note-triggered parameter sequencer for all 002 parameters, allowing for complex filter transitions, waveform changes and much more to be sequenced
• Ethernet port to connect your 002 to your network and enable updates via the internet (no more midi sysex dumps) and access to the Modal Electronics cloud features
• MPE – supports MPE-compatible MIDI instruments, allowing you to apply polyphonic control and expression to individual notes
• Superb UI, a great departure from the norm of synthesisers, featuring a very high quality 4.3? screen with wide viewing angle, display is context sensitive where the control parameters of any control knob that is touched by the user, is immediately displayed
• Twelve ‘quick recall slots’ are accessible directly from the front panel, enabling performing musicians to get rid of their set sheets and build set lists of presets, all quickly accessible from dedicated front panel buttons. Up to 100 banks of quick recalls can be created, making live performance a doddle
• Four Key Modes – Polyphonic, Monophonic, Unison and Stack
• Very high quality construction, uses a premium FATAR semi-weighted five octave key mechanism with aftertouch
• All voice control parameters are accessible from a well designed and intuitive front panel, that follows a traditional synthesiser work flow
• Pure analogue signal path from the oscillators onwards, no digital conversion.
• Combined XLR/TRS sockets for balanced / unbalanced outputs. Further, each of the twelve outputs can be brought out individually via a dedicated d-sub socket.
• The Modal Web Interface, for use on any HTML5 compatible web browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox etc.) on any platform that supports a browser, providing full external control of all of 002’s functions
• Optional Digital Input/Output board providing multi voice audio inputs and outputs over USB, allows the synth to appear as a USB-MIDI device on any computer, and provides Chorus, Echo and Reverb FX
• Two audio inputs enabling audio processing from the VCF onwards plus external MIDI in and out
• XY joystick and Sustain and Expression pedal inputs for performance controls – any control parameter can be assigned to any joystick axis (X+, X-, Y+, Y-) or the expression pedal.
• USB-MIDI Host Port – Directly connect Class-Compliant USB-MIDI devices (such as USB-MIDI keyboards), allowing for computer-free USB-MIDI setups