- Rotterdam XXL Not in stock Open today from 10:00
- Amsterdam Not in stock Closed
- The Hague Not in stock Open today from 10:00
- Eindhoven Not in stock Open today from 10:00
- Groningen Not in stock Open today from 10:00
- Heerlen Not in stock Open today from 10:00
- Leeuwarden Not in stock Open today from 10:00
- Utrecht Not in stock Open today from 10:00
- Sint-Niklaas XXL Not in stock Open today from 10:00
- Antwerp XXL Not in stock Open today from 10:00
- Bruges Not in stock Open today from 10:00
- Brussels Not in stock Open today from 10:00
- Ghent Not in stock Open today from 10:00
- Herentals Not in stock Open today from 10:00
- Leuven Not in stock Open today from 10:00
- Liege Not in stock Open today from 10:00
- Mechelen Not in stock Open today from 10:00
- Roeselare Not in stock Open today from 10:00
- Valenciennes Not in stock Open today from 10:00
** Not valid in combination with other offers and promotions. Discounts, coupon codes and other promotions do not apply to B-Stock products.
Mackie HR624 MK2
The new one-piece cast aluminum Zero Edge Baffle™ features precisely engineered curvature that minimizes diffraction for a crystal clear image of your mix, and effectively controls sound waves so you get detailed lows, full, articulate mids, and shimmering highs. The integrated Optimized Waveguide accurately and efficiently controls dispersion characteristics of the sound on and off axis, resulting in a wide sweet spot with smooth transitions from lows to highs. More inert than a wood or plastic baffle, the Zero Edge Baffle’s cast metal surface reduces surface vibrations during playback, thereby minimizing distortion to the sound’s waveforms; the result is improved time-domain characteristics, which equates to dramatically enhanced depth of field. Thanks to the design of the Zero Edge Baffle, the HRmk2’s imaging is stunningly accurate, with wide, even dispersion, and three-dimensional sound, delivering a much broader sweet spot than any other studio monitor on the market—so broad, in fact, that we like to call it a sweet zone.
When you mount a loudspeaker in a box, there are two things that you can do with the radiation from the rear of the cone: use it to enhance the low-frequency performance of the speaker system (bass reflex system) or soak it up (acoustic suspension system). A bass reflex system uses the rear radiation to extend the low-frequency response; most systems provide holes (ports) in the front or back of the cabinet to release the rear wave. The HRmk2 is a bass reflex 6th-order system. Rather than use ports, the vent takes the form of a passive radiator, a mass-loaded flat piston coupled to the air trapped within the enclosure. You can’t see the passive radiator because it is located at the rear of the cabinet, behind the power amplifier assembly.
The passive radiator replaces the port found on most speaker systems. Simple ports or ducts must have sufficient surface area to prevent the velocity of the air within them from exceeding 5% of the speed of sound, which keeps the vent from becoming audible (breathing and wheezing sounds) at high signal levels. This requirement for sufficient surface area creates a design problem when using ports—finding enough space in the enclosure for them to fit.
One primary advantage of a passive radiator is that it can reproduce low frequencies with lower distortion and at a higher sound pressure level (SPL) than a simple port or duct. Our unique passive radiator design uses a flat diaphragm, providing exceptional stiffness to the radiating surface. The elliptical shape of the passive radiator takes up nearly the entire surface area available on the rear of the enclosure, allowing the passive radiator to move more air than a port. And as a result of this design, our HRmk2s deliver superior bass response, with virtually no distortion.
The HRmk2 Series monitors are a true Active design, meaning they contain separate onboard amplifiers for each driver, plus onboard active crossovers and time-correction circuitry, which helps ensure highs and lows reach your ears at the same time. The HRmk2s also have protection circuitry built in to protect from damaging input levels. With the same class A/B amplifier design as the original HR Series, the HRmk2s retain the much-loved character of our classic monitor, and carry on the Acoustic Space circuitry of the classic HRs, which allows you to tune the monitors to your room.
Designed into the heart of the amplifier circuits are EQ and filter sections that allow each amplifier to be precisely factory-tuned, ensuring that what we designed in our labs is what you end up with in your studio. Before assembly, we first hand-trim the amplifiers to exactly match the amplifiers in our Golden Reference Unit. (See "Unparalleled Quality" for more on the Golden Reference Unit.) During final assembly and testing, the amplifiers are voiced to match the rest of the components in the entire monitor system; they’re hand-trimmed to compensate for very slight manufacturing tolerances between the drivers. This meticulous process results in each monitor being within exacting references of the Golden Reference Unit.
Each HRmk2 monitor features a high-precision, low-distortion woofer—8.75-inch for the HR824mk2 and 6.7-inch for the HR624mk2—and a 1-inch ferrofluid cooled titanium dome tweeter. An exhaustive process, the selection of the new HRmk2 drivers consumed considerable engineering resources. Our team spent countless hours in their quest to find drivers that met our stringent criteria, including the ability to be manufactured in volume with virtually no variability between units, the ability to produce the desired frequency response, and the ability to meet the tight price goals that allow us to make our monitors affordable. After having rejected multiple candidates, the team eventually narrowed down the field. With further engineering input, we sourced drivers that met our standards, and successfully managed to fine-tune a system that delivers unparalleled results.
The HRmk2 monitors feature a wood cabinet, with custom internal bracing to increase its strength and rigidity in desired locations. To absorb internal reflections and dampen standing waves inside the cabinet, an open-cell adiabatic foam material is placed strategically inside the box. While an all-metal cabinet had been considered as a potential design strategy, in the end our design team used their ears to make their choice of cabinet material. And what they heard from an all-metal cabinet was a sound that was accurate, but overly sterile. Combining a wood cabinet with our metal Zero Edge Baffle adds that unquantifiable “bit of warmth,” producing sound that’s true—and never lifeless.
Mackie HR624 MK2
• High resolution Active studio reference monitor
• Ultra-linear frequency response for accurate mix translation
• 6.7-inch high-precision, low-distortion LF transducer
• 1-inch titanium dome, ferrofluid cooled tweeter
• Optimized Waveguide for wide, even sweet zone
• Twin FR Series amps — 100W for LF / 40W for HF
• Cast aluminum Zero Edge Baffle™ minimizes diffraction
• Full internal damping eliminates midrange artifacts
• Passive radiator provides tight, articulate bass extension down to 45Hz
• Acoustic Space, LF roll-off, and HF controls
• Balanced XLR, TRS, and unbalanced RCA inputs
• OmniMount™ ready for easy wall/ceiling placement
• THX pm3™ certified for surround sound applications
• Perfect for High-Definition audio, cinema and gaming systems
Mackie HR624 MK2
input gevoeligheid en keuze uit verschillende power settings zoals de auto on en standby.