Item number: 241995
This item is in stock in one or more stores and can be dispatched within a few days.
- Rotterdam XXL Not in stock Try in store
- Amsterdam Not in stock Try in store
- Apeldoorn Not in stock Try in store
- The Hague Not in stock Try in store
- Eindhoven Not in stock Try in store
- Groningen Not in stock Try in store
- Leeuwarden Not in stock Try in store
- Utrecht Not in stock Try in store
- Antwerp In stock Try in store
- Mechelen In stock Try in store
- Sint-Niklaas XXL Not in stock Try in store
- Bruges Not in stock Try in store
- Brussels Not in stock Try in store
- Ghent Not in stock Try in store
- Herentals Not in stock Try in store
- Leuven Not in stock Try in store
- Liege Not in stock Try in store
- Roeselare Not in stock Try in store
- Valenciennes Not in stock Try in store
Korg Volca FM
3-voice polyphonic FM synthesizer, fully compatible with classic unit
The appearance of FM (Frequency Modulation) sound generation was a major turning point in the history of synthesizers. Its metallic and sharp sounds, most notably electric piano and synth bass, have been loved by all music creators since 1980 up to the present time. The volca fm perfectly reproduces the sound engine of the classic digital synthesizer that made the world aware of FM synthesis. Its six operators and 32 algorithms provide complete compatibility, and it can even load files in the SYS-EX/SYX format of the Yamaha DX7.
Super-easy sound editing
The volca fm makes FM sound editing accessible with the MODULATOR/CARRIER super-easy edit knobs – the knob movements are mapped to multiple parameters for sound changes that are easy to understand. FM enthusiasts can also menu dive into full parameter edits. The volca fm comes accompanied with a Parameter List Guide to assist this.
Onboard CHORUS effect
Along with a perfect reproduction of the sound engine, the volca fm is also equipped with a lush chorus effect to add depth to your sounds and further expand its sound-creating potential.
16-step sequencer allows to automate each parameters
There’s a loop sequencer with up to 16 steps, allowing you to record your performance on the touch panel keyboard just as you play. It’s easy to create phrases that come to mind. Up to sixteen sequence patterns can be stored in internal memory.
And the motion sequence function records your knob movements, letting you add time-varying change to the sound. This is great way to polish your loops, and also lets you generate highly original live performances.
WARP ACTIVE STEP, ARPEGGIATOR and PATTERN CHAIN make crazy looping rhythms and patterns
In addition to the active step function that lets you skip steps during a sequence, the volca fm provides new functions that enable you to generate more irregular rhythms. If the active step is fewer than 16 steps, you can use the warp active step function to compensate to occupy the same playback time as 16 steps; then by synchronizing the playback with another volca series unit, you can deliberately skew the step timing to generate truly unconventional performances.
In a first for the volca series, the volca fm is also equipped with an arpeggiator. By using this in conjunction with a motion sequence you can create extremely eccentric rhythm patterns.
Furthermore, the pattern chain function lets you connect multiple sequence patterns for successive playback, making it possible to construct large-scale developments of 32, 64, or even 256 steps by joining up to 16 sequences.
Make clone by synchronizing two units of volca fm
The volca fm provides a sync connector that can be easily connected to Korg's groove machines. Connect this to the other volca series unit, the electribe, or the SQ-1, and experience a session with synchronized sequencer playback. And when two units of volca fm are connected, you can clone the sound programs and sequence data from volca fm to volca fm.
The MIDI IN jack lets you use the volca as a sound module for DAW and MIDI controller.
With its compact size, battery operation, and built-in speaker, it's easy to take the volca anywhere and perform any time.
Korg Volca FM
• Keyboard: Multi Touch Keyboard
• Effect: Chorus
• Dimensions (W x D x H): 193 x 115 x 40 mm
• Weight: 360 g (Excluding batteries)
• Included Items: AA alkaline battery x 6 (for verifying operation), Sync Cable, Edit Parameter List
• Type: FM synthesis
• Maximum Polyphony: 3 voices
• Structure: 6 operators, 32 algorithms
• Number of Programs: 32
• Main Edits: Modulator (Attack, Decay), Carrier (Attack, Decay), LFO (Rate, P.Depth), Algrtm. Available to edit full parameters for each operator in Edit Mode
• Controls: Transpose, Velocity, Octave, Arp (Type, Div)
• Arpeggiator Types: 9 (each 3 patterns of "Rise", "Fall", and "Random")
• Voice Modes: Poly, Mono, Unison
• Number of Parts: 1
• Number of Steps: 16
• Number of Recording Patterns: 16
• Controls: Motion Sequence, Active Step, Warp Active Step, Pattern Chain, Metronome
• Audio Output: Headphones (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V)
- Sync Out (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Output level: 5V)
- When two units of volca fm, available to export the sound programs and sequence data from a volca fm to the other one
• MIDI: In, Available to convert and load SYS-EX/SYX file created on the Yamaha DX7