Item number: 141268
This item is in stock in one or more stores and can be dispatched within a few days.
- Eindhoven In stock Open today till 18:00
- Groningen Only in store Open today till 21:00
- Rotterdam XXL Not in stock Open today till 18:00
- Amsterdam Not in stock Open today till 21:00
- Apeldoorn Not in stock Open today till 18:00
- The Hague Not in stock Open today till 21:00
- Leeuwarden Not in stock Open today till 18:00
- Utrecht Not in stock Open today till 21:00
- Sint-Niklaas XXL Not in stock Open today till 18:00
- Antwerp Not in stock Open today till 18:00
- Bruges Not in stock Open today till 18:00
- Brussels Not in stock Open today till 18:00
- Ghent Not in stock Open today till 18:00
- Herentals Not in stock Open today till 18:00
- Leuven Not in stock Open today till 18:00
- Liege Not in stock Open today till 18:00
- Mechelen Not in stock Open today till 18:00
- Roeselare Not in stock Open today till 18:00
- Valenciennes Not in stock Open today till 19:00
** Not valid in combination with other offers and promotions. Discounts, coupon codes and other promotions do not apply to B-Stock products.
EVE Audio SC205
The SC205 also comes with the convenience of threaded screw inserts on the bottom and the back. That way, you can mount your SC205 on a regular microphone or speaker stand, or use the back plate for different wall mounting options available on the market.
The SC205 uses our 5" SilverCone woofer for an extended bass response. This very stiff diaphragm is honeycomb structured and glass fibre coated. Like in other models, such as the smaller SC204, the SC205 is driven by a sophisticated low distortion copper cap magnet system that uses a 1" voice coil responsible for delivering a greater linear excursion. All in all, this produces a bigger dynamic range than you would naturally assume from a speaker of these proportions. The result is an unsurpassed audio transparency that, when coupled with our proprietary AMT tweeter and PWM amplifier, will surprise you with a very powerful and precise low end.
Our AMT (Air Motion Transformer) tweeter is our own proprietary technology that follows the rule of not using "off-the-shelf" components when looking for the best possible results. The preciseness and detail in the high frequency, along with the general tightness of the bass and mid-range frequencies, will make the SC205 equally adequate for use on the road or in studio.
With every EVE Audio speaker, you also get high resolution DSP electronics. One push knob operation and you will have access to accurate volume control and several different filter settings that will help you tailor your monitors to the way you work.
And if you always avoid digital processing, we've got you covered. The DSP engine is supported with a high quality A/D converter (24bit/192kHz) from Burr-Brown, which delivers a pristine signal to the DSP section. And since the PWM amplifiers are directly connected to the DSP, no additional conversion is necessary. Please visit our DSP page to learn more about our DSP philosophy.
Bass Port Design
It's all in the geometry. One of the downside effects of port compression is bass distortion. As you turn up the volume, the efficiency of the port reduces and distortion will increase.
We opted for a large rear rectangular port with no hard edges for our bass port designs. That's one of the reasons EVE monitors have a high efficiency on the lower frequencies.
The results? High sound pressures with tight and punchy bass frequencies that don't cause port distortion. Crank up the volume, and EVE will deliver a round bass. With no holes to look at every time you glance at your speakers.