- Brussels In stock Try in store
- Ghent In stock Try in store
- Roeselare In stock Try in store
- Sint-Niklaas XXL Not in stock Try in store
- Antwerp Not in stock Try in store
- Bruges Not in stock Try in store
- Herentals Not in stock Try in store
- Leuven Not in stock Try in store
- Liege Not in stock Try in store
- Mechelen Not in stock Try in store
- Valenciennes Not in stock Try in store
The Origin is designed to deliver direct, smooth and intimate sound… for a natural and transparent recording.
Wave-Form Mesh Head
The Aston Origin has our signature wave-form mesh head. This unique design not only looks great, but delivers an unprecedented degree of protection for the heart of your microphone, the capsule. The shock resistant wave-form design allows the head of the mic to distort if given a heavy knock, and then return to its normal position, without any damage at all. It also offers a degree of off-axis rejection, helping to eliminate unwanted artefacts from your recordings.
Built In Pop Filter
Aston’s vocal condenser microphones have an exclusive mesh-knit pop filter built into the wave-form head. The random weave allows sound to pass while virtually eliminating unwanted plosives at source. It also shields against multiple wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation making our microphones ideal in critically sensitive electronic applications. This completely encapsulating, single piece, mesh cage is formed in stainless steel, so won’t rust with use, and can even be removed and washed.
Yet another unique design element of the Aston Origin, is the use of custom moulded end caps with integrated XLR and stand adaptor. No other mic has this. Because the internal shock absorption system is so good, you can mount the microphone directly to a stand via this built in, and interchangeable thread adapter. The design also makes Aston microphones extremely easy to repair and maintain.
Part of the beauty of our microphones is the custom finish of each chassis. There are no mass-produced paint job finishes here… instead, each chassis is individually tumbled for up to 4 hours to give it a very hard-wearing, and extremely beautiful, finish. To perfect the look, each microphone is separately engraved with its legends, and our brand mantra… ‘The art of performance’
• Transducer Type: Condenser
• Acoustic Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
• Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid
• Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz (+/-3dB)
• Equivalent Noise Level: 18dB A-Weighted
• Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kohm: 23.7mV/Pa
• Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 127dB
• Signal-to-Noise Ratio (rel. 94dB SPL): 76dB A-Weighted
• Pad Switch: -10dB
• Low-Cut Filter: 80Hz
48 Volt Phantom power (+/- 4 Volts) is required for operation